complaints procedureby NielsBeuker
COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE HBLEGAL BV
Article 1 Definitions
In this complaints procedure the following definitions apply:
- complaint: Any written expression of dissatisfaction from or on behalf of a customer directed to an attorney-at-law/tax lawyer or employee working under their responsibility regarding the formation and performance of a contract for professional services, the quality of the services provided, or the amount of a fee statement, other than a complaint as referred to in Section 4 of the Counsel Act;
- Complainant : the client or the client’s representative making a complaint;
- Complaints Officer: M. van Dijkman, lawyer at Straatman Koster Advocaten BV in Rotterdam who is appointed as such and charged with the settlement of the complaints made.
Article 2 scope of application
- This complaints procedure is applicable to all contracts for professional services between HBLegal BV and the client.
- The lawyer will take care of the settlement of the complaint in accordance with the complaints procedure.
Article 3 objective
The objective of this complaints procedure is:
- to provide for a procedure to respond constructively and at the shortest possible notice to clients’ complaints;
- to provide for a procedure to determine the causes of clients’ complaints;
- to maintain and improve existing relationships by means of adequate complaints handling;
- to train employees on how to respond to clients in a client-oriented manner;
- to improve the quality of services by means of the handling and analysis of complaints.
Article 4 information at the commencement of services
- 1. This complaints procedure is openly available. Prior to entering into a contract for professional services with a client, the lawyer will draw the clients attention to the firms complaints procedure and the fact that this procedure will be applicable on the services to be provided.
- The contract for professional services of HB Legal BV determines which independent party will deal with complaints that have not been settled under this complaints procedure.
- Any complaints as referred to in Article 1 of this complaints procedure that remain unresolved at the end of the procedure will be brought before the district court of Gelderland.
Article 5 internal complaints procedure
- Any complaint with which a client approaches the firm will be referred to M. van Dijkman of Straatman Koster Advocaten BV in Rotterdam who will act as complaints officer.
- The complaints officer informs the person who is the subject of the complaint that a complaint has been lodged and gives the complainant and the person who is the subject of the complaint an opportunity to comment on the complaint.
- The person who is the subject of the complaint will attempt together with the client to arrive at a solution, possibly with the intervention of the complaints officer.
- The complaints officer will handle the complaint within four weeks of receipt, or will notify the complainant, stating the reasons, of the deviation from this period, and specifying the period within which an opinion on the complaint will be given.
- The complaints officer will inform the complainant and the person who is the subject of the complaint in writing of the opinion regarding the validity of the complaint, together with any recommendations.
- In the event the complaint has been settled satisfactory, the complainant, the complaints office and the person who is subject to the complaint will sign of the opinion regarding the validity of the complaint.
Article 6 confidentiality and no-fee complaints handling
- The complaints officer and the person who is the subject of the complaint will observe confidentiality regarding the handling of the complaint.
- The complainant will not be charged a fee for the complaints officer’s handling of the complaint.
Article 7 responsibilities
- The complaints officer is responsible for the timely handling of the complaint.
- The person who is the subject of the complaint will duly inform the complaints officer of any contact and any potential solution.
- The complaints officer will inform the complainant of progress on the handling of the complaint.
- The complaints officer will maintain the complaints file.
Article 8 complaint registration
- The complaints officer registers the complaint and notes the substance of the complaint.
- The substance of a complaint may fall into more than one category.
- The complaints officer reports on a regular basis on the progress of handling complaints and makes recommendations to prevent recurrence of complaints and to improve the procedures.
- The reports and the recommendations are discussed in the firm at least once a year and submitted for decision. This translation is for information purposes only. The Dutch text is binding.